Don’t miss a thing on this exhilarating Scandinavian trip. Your travels will feature fjords, glaciers and staggering scenery. Meet Santa Claus in Lapland, experience the friluftsliv of your Norwegian hosts and venture across the Arctic Circle to the land of the Midnight Sun.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 19 Breakfast (B)
- 8 Dinner (D)
- Jyvaskyla: Enjoy a Be My Guest dinner in Jyvaskyla and learn all about the 'Athens of Finland'.
- Rovaniemi: Visit Rovaniemi, the hometown of Santa Claus, and meet its famous resident.
- Lom: In Lom you'll have an opportunity to visit Lomskyrkja, one of the biggest and most beautiful stave churches in Norway, dating back to the 12th century.
- Copenhagen: With your Local Specialist, view Christiansborg Palace and the cathedral where the Crown Prince of Denmark married Princess Mary. You'll also see Rosenborg Castle, Amalienborg Palace, the Renaissance Stock Exchange and the unusual Rundertaarn, which is the oldest functioning Observatory in Europe.
- Stockholm: With your Local Specialist, visit Gamla Stan to see the cathedral where Swedish kings have been coronated and wander the narrow streets of the Old Town.
- Helsinki: Your Local Specialist will show you the sights of the harbour city. Wander through the aromatic stalls of a traditional food market and sample local produce like liquorice or smoked reindeer before enjoying free time to explore the harbour of this fascinating city of design.
- : Embrace the stark northern landscape as you approach the Arctic Circle during today's scenic drive.
- Rovaniemi: Join your Travel Director for an introductory orientation of Rovaniemi's landmark sites, including Lumberjack Bridge.
- Honningsvag: Explore the ''gateway to the North Cape'' nestled on a pictuesque bay of the Mageroya Island.
- : See the spiraling steeple of the Northern Lights Cathedral in Alta.
- Tromso: Enjoy your orientation of Tromsø, Northern Norway’s largest city located on the island of Tromsøya.
- Svolvaer: Journey past dramatic peaks and rugged fjords as you travel to the fishing village of Svolvær, bound between sea and mountains.
- Trondheim: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the Market Square and its statue of Olav Tryggvason, the Nidaros Cathedral, the Tyholt Tower and Old Town Bridge.
- Geiranger: Fjords, lakes and forests create a picturesque setting for your travels to Geiranger.
- Lillehammer: Explore the town where the 1994 Winter Olympics were held.
- Oslo: With your Local Specialist, see Akershus Castle, Oslo Harbour and the Royal Palace.
- : Explore Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki and Olso with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Rovaniemi and Trondheim
- : Visit City Hall in Stockholm, Santa Claus Village, Saariselkä, Honningsvåg, North Cape Visitor Centre, Alta, Tromsø, Svolvær, Geirangerfjord, the Stave church in Lom, Lillehammer and Vigeland Sculpture Park in Oslo
- : View the Lumberjack Bridge, the Library and Lappia Hall in Rovaniemi and the Cathedral of the Northern Lights in Alta
- : See the Christianborg Palace, the Little Mermaid and the Borsen in Copenhagen, Sibelius Monument, the Olympic Stadium, the Opera House and Finlandia Hall in Helsinki, the 'Blood Road', Saltfjellet-Svartisen National Park, Junkerdal National Park, Nidaros Cathedral, the Old Town Bridge and Kongens gate in Trondheim, Akershus, the Opera House and the Royal Palace in Oslo
- Rovaniemi: Admire the breath-taking Arctic landscapes from the cosy confines of the traditional Rovaniemi Hotel, hugging the banks of the Kemijoki river in the heart of Pohjanhovi.
- Geiranger: Stay right at the edge of Geirangerfjord at the Havila Geiranger hotel, the spectacular jewel in the crown of the Norwegian fjords and one of the most beautifully located hotels in the world.
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Ferry from Denmark to Sweden
- : Ferries from Olderdalen to Lyngseidet and Svensby to Breivikedet
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry from Denmark to Sweden
- Ferries from Olderdalen to Lyngseidet and Svensby to Breivikedet
- Optional Experiences and free time
Dream holidays without the stress of the 'what ifs', is what we do. We design our tours so you can experience the world differently. You'll get the personal service, attention to detail and ease you're looking for, while enjoying the unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of. Discover why Trafalgar tours have been trusted by 5 million guests and are proud to deliver the very best tours that you'll cherish for ye ...
|1||Welcome to Copenhagen|
|2||Explore Historic Copenhagen|
|3||Journey to Stockholm|
|4||Embark on an Overnight Cruise|
|5||Arrive in Helsinki and on to Jyväskylä Connect with Locals|
|6||Onwards to the Arctic Circle Stays With Stories|
|7||Explore Santa Claus’s Hometown Your Way|
|8||Off to Unique Saariselkä Dive Into Culture|
|9||Venture to Northernmost Honningsvåg|
|10||Continue to Alta|
|11||On to Friendly Tromsø|
|12||Journey to the Stunning Lofoten Islands|
|13||The Lofoten Islands Your Way|
|14||Cross the Arctic Circle to Mo I Rana|
|15||Onwards to Colourful Trondheim|
|16||Continue to Scenic Geirangerjord Stays With Stories|
|17||A Day at the Breathtaking Geirangerfjord|
|18||Venture to Historic Lom, Lillehammer and Oslo Dive Into Culture|
|19||Vikings and More in Oslo|