Lose yourself in the history and romance of Traditional Europe. You’ll see all the iconic sights and some beautiful surprises along this 3-week European trip taking in the exquisite beauty of the Rhine Valley, the snow-capped Alps and the decadently warm waters of the French Riviera.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 17 Breakfast (B)
- 6 Dinner (D)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- Cologne Cathedral: The towering Cathedral of Cologne is an impressive introduction to this riverside city.
- Rhineland: Cruise beneath the semi-ruined castles and terraced vineyards. Sleepy villages slip by as you saunter upstream to the Lorelei Rock where the enchantress lured sailors to their doom.
- Heidelberg: See the magnificent castle built in red sandstone, overlooking the Student Prince’s town.
- Colmar: Stroll through the medieval streets of Colmar on a sightseeing orientation with your Travel Director.
- Lucerne: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the Lion Monument, Old Town Hall and Chapel Bridge, the oldest wooden covered bridge in Europe.
- Vaduz: Explore Vaduz and admire the Royal family's residence, Vaduz Castle, which overlooks the capital.
- Brenner Pass: Marvel at the stunning beauty of the Brenner Pass on your scenic drive through the Alpine landscape.
- Tuscany: View the stunning landscape of Tuscany on your drive today.
- Vatican: Visit Vatican City and tour St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Specialist. Witness the early genius of Michelangelo as you take in the Piet.
- Rome: Experience Rome through the eyes of a local, as a passionate Roman guides you past the city's most iconic sites.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Specialist through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Capri: Join a Local Specialist on a walk through elegant Capri to gain insight into the island's local culture and historic landmarks.
- Monte Cassino: View the abbey on Monte Cassino, founded by Saint Benedict in 529.
- Assisi: With a Local Specialist, find out why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered to be one of the crowning artisitic achievements of 13th-century Europe.
- Florence: Join a Local Specialist to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods, and witness a gold and leatherwork demonstration.
- Pisa: During an orientation, your Travel Director will show you the baptistery, cathedral and the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Monaco City: See the cathedral where Prince Rainier and Princess Grace were married.
- Saint-Paul-de-Vence: Discover the beauty of this hilltop town and gain insight into why it became a refuge for artists.
- Avignon: View the Pont d'Avignon and walk the medieval narrow streets of the Old Town to the Palais des Papes.
- Lyon: Take in panoramic views of Lyon from Fourvière Hill and explore the city's cobblestone streets on a sightseeing orientation.
- Beaune: Marvel at Beaune's famous renaissance roofing style during an orientation of this wine capital.
- Paris: Join a Local Specialist to discover the hidden squares and secret lanes of Paris.
- Venice: Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- : Explore Rome, Pompeii, Capri, Assisi, Florence and Paris with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Colmar, Lucerne, Vaduz - the capital of Liechtenstein, Innsbruck, Venice, Sorrento, Pisa, Monaco, Nice, Saint-Paul-de-Vence, Avignon, Lyon and Beaune
- : Visit a glassblowing factory in Venice, St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and the excavations in Pompeii
- : See the Lorelei Rock in Rhine Valley, the Benedictine Abbey of Monte Cassino and the vineyards of Burgundy
- : Scenic Cruise through Amsterdam's canals, along the Rhine River, by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice and to the Isle of Capri
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : Eurostar high-speed train from Paris to London
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Eurostar high-speed train from Paris to London
Dream holidays without the stress of the 'what ifs', is what we do. We design our tours so you can experience the world differently. You'll get the personal service, attention to detail and ease you're looking for, while enjoying the unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of. Discover why Trafalgar tours have been trusted by 5 million guests and are proud to deliver the very best tours that you'll cherish for ye ...
|1||Welcome to Amsterdam|
|2||Admire Cologne and Cruise in the Rhineland|
|3||Enjoy Heidelberg then drive into the Alps|
|4||Uncover Lucerne’s Treasures|
|5||Journey to Liechtenstein and Innsbruck|
|6||Onwards to Venice|
|7||Discover the Floating City of Venice Make Travel Matter|
|8||All Roads Lead to Rome|
|9||Explore Ancient Rome and the Vatican City|
|10||The Ruins of Pompeii with Sunny Sorrento|
|11||Sail to Capri then Onwards to Assisi|
|12||Through Tuscany to Florence|
|13||Uncover Pisa, Monaco and the French Riviera|
|14||Discover Artistic Saint-Paul-de-Vence|
|15||Journey through Papal Avignon to Lyon Make Travel Matter Connect with Locals|
|16||Travel through Burgundy to Paris|
|17||Explore Magical Paris|