Gladiators, Gondolas and Gold
Buckle up for a travel adventure, all the highlights and some surprises on this most exciting of Italy family trips. Learn how to make pizza like a local, discover your inner artist as you make your own Carnival mask in Venice and dine with a count on his Tuscan estate.
- 1 Kickoff Party (KP)
- 9 Breakfast (B)
- 3 Dinner (D)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- Florence: Enjoy a local Tuscan Be My Guest dinner with Count Miari Fulcis on his 15th-century organic olive oil estate in the Tuscan hills, used as a location for many famous films like 'Room with a View' and 'Tea with Mussolini'.
- Florence: Indulge in an Italian gelato at a local gelateria in Florence.
- Venice: Savour the vibrant atmosphere of Venice during a visit to a traditional food market in the shadow of the famous Rialto Bridge.
- Rome: Experience life as a gladiator with an included visit to a Gladiator School in Rome.
- Rome: A cooking experience with all the trimmings! Learn how to make tasty Italian pizza from an expert and then share your masterpiece with the family.
- Venice: Discover the great Venetian tradition of Carnival masks and paint and decorate your own.
- Vatican: Visit Vatican City and tour St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Specialist. Witness the early genius of Michelangelo as you take in the Piet.
- Tuscany: View the stunning landscape of Tuscany on your drive today.
- Pisa: During an orientation, your Travel Director will show you the baptistery, cathedral and the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Florence: Join a Local Specialist to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods, and witness a gold and leatherwork demonstration.
- Bologna: Join a Local Specialist on an exploration of Bologna. See the medieval squares and red-bricked façades of this historic city.
- Venice: Embark on a sightseeing walking tour of Venice with a small group.
- Venice: Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- : VIP Admission to the Vatican Museums
- : Explore Rome, Florence, Bologna and Venice with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Pisa
- : Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, the Colosseum in Rome, the Academy of Fine Arts and a gelateria in Florence and a glassblowing factory in Venice
- : View the ancient sites of Rome, Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo in Florence, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- : Scenic Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Dream holidays without the stress of the 'what ifs', is what we do. We design our tours so you can experience the world differently. You'll get the personal service, attention to detail and ease you're looking for, while enjoying the unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of. Discover why Trafalgar tours have been trusted by 5 million guests and are proud to deliver the very best tours that you'll cherish for ye ...