Highlights of Spain and Portugal
A round-trip featuring all the highlights of Spain and Portugal. Spend time in the pilgrimage center of Fátima, join a family on their stud farm in the Alentejo and explore the icons left behind by Catholic kings and Moorish sultans.
- 5 Dinner (D)
- 12 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- Panoias-Ourique: Saddle up for a superb stud farm visit, the tragic story of unrequited love and a traditional home-cooked Be My Guest lunch with Tiago and Vera in Portugal's beautiful Alentejo.
- Jerez de la Frontera: Sample the famous sherry tradition in the southern Spanish city of Jerez, which has been making wine since ancient times.
- Lisbon: Visit the Hieronymite Monastery, a former monastery of the Order of Saint Jerome and exquisite example of Manueline architecture.
- Toledo: The invincible swords of Toledo have defended cities for centuries. Visit an inlaid steel factory in Toledo to see local craftsmen forging the highest quality steel.
- Madrid: Drive through central Madrid and see some of the city's famous features during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern Center of Arts and Sciences and the historic bullring of Valencia during an orientation drive with your Travel Director.
- Guadix: See the cave homes that embellish the hills around Guadix.
- Granada: Visit the famous Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens. Explore with a Local Specialist keen to share insights into this Moorish landmark.
- Córdoba: Explore the incredible Mezquita with your Local Specialist. Admire the forest of horseshoe arches and learn how this building symbolises many of Córdoba's religious changes over the centuries.
- Seville: Guided by your Local Specialist, see the Giralda Tower, former minaret of the Great Mosque and now the cathedral's belltower. Explore the narrow streets of the Santa Cruz Quarter and emerge by the great walls of the Alcazar.
- Cádiz: See the cathedral, Teatro Romano, the monumental Puerta de Tierra and enjoy a walk along Paseo Maritimo.
- Évora: Explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site with your Local Specialist and see the famous Roman Temple. Witness the fascinating cathedral and its mix of Romanesque and Gothic architecture.
- Lisbon: Explore with your Local Specialist, from the Lower Town, beneath the hilltop Bairro Alto to the Terreiro do Paco. Visit the Belém Quarter to see the modern Monument to the Discoveries and the medieval Belém Tower.
- Fátima: Join the faithful at one of the world's holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of the Apparitions or see the basilica.
- Salamanca: See the Salamanca's golden Plaza Mayor, voted one of the most beautiful central plazas in Spain.
- Toledo: Explore this magnificent ancient city with your Local Specialist and visit the Church of Santo Tomé to see an El Greco masterpiece.
- Avila: View the impressive city walls that define Ávila's Old Town.
- Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Specialist. Visit the Old Town, traveling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the Cibeles fountain, Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace.
- Valencia: Taste authentic Valencian street food from a local Horchata vendor. This rich and flavourful nut-based drink loved by many is produced here using only locally sourced and natural ingredients, and respecting traditional methods of production. This experience advances UN Global Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. Alongside the local and organic production, they have been bringing the vibrant tradition of Horchata back to its glory days, giving employment opportunities to people at risk of social exclusion. They have also built over 10 street carts from recycling materials, all working on solar energy and ice.
- : Explore Córdoba, Seville, Évora, Lisbon, Toledo and Madrid with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Valencia, Cádiz and Salamanca
- : Visit the Alhambra Palace in Granada, the Cathedral Mosque in Córdoba, Seville Cathedral, the Cathedral of Évora, the Hieronymite Monastery in Lisbon, Plaza Mayor in Salamanca and the Church of Santo Tomé and the Synagogue in Toledo
- : View the Hanging Houses of Cuenca, the Towers of Serrano and Quart and the City of Arts and Sciences complex in Valencia, the Shrine at Fátima and the Cave Houses of Guadix
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...
|Welcome to Madrid
|Journey to Cuenca and Valencia
|Off to Unique Guadix and on to Granada
|Onwards to Córdoba and Seville
|Uncover the Secrets of Seville
|Admire the Sights of Jerez and Cádiz Dive Into Culture
|Venture to Évora Connect with Locals
|On to Lively Lisbon Dive Into Culture
|Lisbon Your Way
|Pilgrimage to Fátima and on to Salamanca
|Continue to Toledo and Madrid Dive Into Culture
|Explore Fiery Madrid